Virtual Assistant Marketing 101 – Newsletters

By January 12, 2009 Marketing 2 Comments

People rarely buy products or services when they first see them on the internet. Research studies indicate that it can take several ‘contacts’ before a prospect makes a purchase. Therefore, a wonderful way of staying in touch with your clients and prospects is to produce a regular newsletter. A newsletter allows you to stay in the minds of your readers and prospects.

Here are some tips for your own newsletter:

Provide good information

The key is to provide great information in each issue of your newsletter. As a VA, perhaps you could write about productivity and timesaving tips for small business owners. Aim for 80% of the content to be helpful information and tips, and the other 20% about your own business and services. If you take the time to give quality information, people will start to trust you and be much more likely to hire you as their Virtual Assistant.

Send a newsletter regularly

Consistency is key. Make your newsletter a regular event for your readers, so that they start to expect news from you. Weekly or fortnightly is best – not too regular but not too far apart. In today’s online world, people can forget you easily, so a quarterly one isn’t going to cut it these days!

Promote your newsletter

Put a sign-up form on your website so that people can enter their name and email address in return for your newsletter. This is a very simple thing to do, and is a feature that is included with most newsletter tools. The tool I recommend for newsletters is Aweber – I’ve been using it for a couple of years and it is excellent:

Aweber

Remember, you need to actively promote your newsletter. This is a key point that many people forget. Make it a prominent feature of your website and sell the benefits of your newsletter to people.

Get people to forward it to friends

Encourage everyone on your mailing list to forward the newsletter to other people if they think could benefit from it. This is a great way to get referrals and increase your newsletter list.

If you follow the above tips, you should be able to make your newsletter a great success. Your readers will consider you as a trusted advisor and friend and will be more likely to hire you as their Virtual Assistant.

Do you have any questions or comments about this Virtual Assistant marketing strategy? If so, please post them below!

——————————————————————————————————-

P.S. Here are the links to the other Virtual Assistant marketing articles in this series:

Virtual Assistant Marketing – Blogging

Virtual Assistant Marketing – Articles

Virtual Assistant Marketing – Face-To-Face Networking

Virtual Assistant Marketing – Social Networking

2 Comments

  • Hi
    I’m a real fan of face-to-face networking! I’m so new in this business that I have just one client at the moment, but every time I go to a networking meeting, I feel encouraged and optimistic that sometime very soon, the ripples in my personal pond will reach out to more and more prospective clients. Also, as I’m seeing the same people on a regular basis, we’re getting to know, like and respect each other. This makes referring on so easy to do; it’s just like talking about friends!

  • Lola Billups says:

    My company, VAPS(Virtual Assistance & Paralegal Services) is newly launched. I do not have a website yet. I would like advice on methods/ideal for attracting clients.

Leave a Reply