In my last blog post I wrote about the fears you may be having about marketing your freelance/Virtual Assistance business.
I encourage you to write down any fears that you have, in your own words. By recognising and acknowledging your underlying doubts, you gain the power to turn them into positive beliefs. Challenge your fears by writing down positive statements. Here are some examples of positive statements that I created, to challenge the fears I had:
- Negative Thought: Will I actually get any clients or is this going to be a waste of time?
- Positive Belief: I will get all the clients I need so that I can work from home full-time. Each hour that I invest in marketing and building my business will pay off in the future.
- Negative Thought: Where am I going to get clients from? Is anyone really going to need my services?
- Positive Belief: I know that suitable clients are everywhere. I just have to market myself in a way that will attract the right clients to me. There are people out there who need my services to help grow their businesses.
- Negative Thought: It might take me ages to get my first suitable client.
- Positive Belief: I will get my first client quickly and easily.
- Negative Thought: Will I get enough clients to fill each week?
- Positive Belief: I will get enough ongoing clients to fill xx hours a week. It’s just a matter of having a good marketing strategy, time, determination and persistence.
- Negative Thought: I’m not confident enough to “get out there” and meet people face to face. Maybe I’ll just stick to putting a few ads in the local paper and see if I get any business.
- Positive Belief: I am ready to try various ways of marketing my business. Some marketing methods will be more successful than others. I am confident enough to get out of my comfort zone and educate people about the services I have to offer. If a particular marketing method works then I will do more of the same!
- Negative Thought: There might be alot of competition already. If the market is already saturated with Virtual Assistants / freelancers, how will I get any business?
- Positive Belief: My fellow freelancers/Virtual Assistants are all unique and have different skills and services to offer. The market is not saturated because there are many potential clients that have not heard of Virtual Assistance yet and they need me! I am confident that I will get lots of business and be able to use my unique skills to help other businesses.
- Negative Thought: How much money do I need to market myself? I might not have the budget for it.
- Positive Belief: I have all the resources I need to market myself. There are many ways to market my business without spending a cent. I have enough money, time, determination and persistence to be successful.
How does that sound? Doesn’t that make you feel more confident, optimistic and restore your faith in yourself?
Once you have formulated your positive statements, take a fresh sheet of paper. On your blank sheet of paper, write out ONLY THE POSITIVE STATEMENTS. There is no need to write down your fears again because you have already got these out of your system. There is no need to focus on them again. Going forward, you only want to focus on your positive statements.
Each night before you go to sleep, read through your positive, affirming statements so that they are absorbed into your subconscious mind. Every morning, read through them again. Really FEEL the statements rather than simply reading them through.
In time, you’ll be amazed at how confident and optimistic you feel. You’ll be able to face any obstacles and challenges (and we all have them!) with faith and resilience. Having faith in yourself is vital to your success as a Virtual Assistant or any other type of freelancer.
Leverage your new-found confidence and discover how to become a Virtual Assistant:
The 5 Key Steps To Your Virtual Assistant Business – http://www.virtualpabusiness.com
Your comments are welcome as always!